Adriana Lima in blue panties
Adriana Lima in lingerie and stockings
Adriana Lima in pink lingerie
Adriana Lima in lingerie
Adriana Lima in a bra and panties
Adriana Lima in a bikini
Adriana Lima in a purple bra
Adriana Lima in bra and panties
Adriana Lima in lingerie
Adriana Lima in a bra
Adriana Lima in a purple bikini
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Birthdate: June 12, 1981
Birth location: Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Birth name: Adriana Francesca Lima
Measurements: 85-58-90 (EU)
Height: 178 cm (5 ft 10 in)
Eye color: Blue-Grey (Sometime appears green)
Hair color: Dark brown
Ethnicity: Portuguese, Amerindian, Afro-Brazilian
Adriana Francesca Lima (born June 12, 1981 in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil) is a Brazilian supermodel, best known as one of the Victoria's Secret Angels.
Adriana Lima rose to stardom out of less than glamorous conditions. Lima was discovered while shopping at a local mall at the age of 13. At the age of 15, she finished 1st place in a Ford Supermodel of Brazil model search. Lima later followed with a 2nd place finish in the 1996 Ford Supermodel of the World contest.
Shortly after, Lima moved to New York City, and eventually moved on from Ford, signing with Elite Model Management. Her early career consisted mostly of fashion editorial work (with early appearances in international editions of Vogue and Marie Claire in 1997/1998), as well as runway work (Christian Lacroix, Valentino, and others). Lima's first big break came when she was featured in a Vassarette billboard in Times Square. Her print career followed, and like many other famous names (Claudia Schiffer, Laetitia Casta, Eva Herzigova), Lima became a GUESS? Girl in their 2000 Costanoa campaign.
Lima continued to build upon her entry, doing more print work (Maybelline, bebe, Mossimo, BCBG) and gracing the cover and editorials of more high fashion magazines (Harper's Bazaar, ELLE). Probably best known for her Victoria's Secret work and Angel status (along with Heidi Klum and Gisele), Lima first graced the VS runway in 2000, and was the show opener for the 2003 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.
In 2001 Adriana Lima starred in BMW Films short, "The Follow" alongside actors Mickey Rourke, Clive Owen, and Forest Whitaker. In the film, Owen's character is hired to follow Lima's, who is suspected of cheating on her famous husband, played by Rourke. The film had a runtime of 8:47 including credits, was written by Andrew Kevin Walker, and directed by Wong Kar-Wai.
Lima is currently represented by New York's DNA Models.
Lima has dated celebrities in the past, including an engagement with rocker Lenny Kravitz that ended in 2003 and Major League Baseball player Derek Jeter. She is currently dating Prince Wence.
Lima revealed in the April 2006 cover feature of GQ magazine that, per her Catholic beliefs, she was still a virgin, explaining:
Sex is for after marriage. [Men] have to respect that this is my choice. If there's no respect, that means they don't want me.
This shocked many people because she has often said that her relgion never influenced how she lived, she had not been to church in many years and that people immediatly assume she is heavily religous because she went to catholic school when she was younger and wears a scapular around her neck.
After the magazine was published Adriana publically said that the journalist who interveiwed her did not speak portuguese well and translated what she was saying wrongly. The journalist says he made no mistakes but Adriana stands by what she said.
Lima does charitable work by helping with an orphanage, "Caminhos da Luz" (Ways of Light), located in her hometown. She helps with construction to expand the orphanage, and buys clothes for poor children in Salvador, Bahia.
Facts and stats
* Height: 178 cm (5 ft 10 in)
* Measurements: 85-58-90 cm
* Dress Size: 4 (US); 34 (EU)
* Shoe Size: 9 (US); 41 (EU)
* Eyes: Blue-Grey  (sometimes described as green)
* Hair: Dark Brown
* Ethnicity: African, Native American, Swiss.
* Nationality: Brazilian
* Languages Spoken: Portuguese, Spanish, and English 
* Religion: Roman Catholic.
* Ranked #97 in Forbes.com's Highest Paid Celebirties list (2006)
* Ranked #99 in Forbes.com's 100 Most Powerful People list (2006)
* Ranked #57 in Maxim's Hot 100 (2003)
* Ranked #1 in AskMen.com's Top 99 Women (2005) 
* Ranked #4 in AskMen.com's Top 99 Women of 2006
* Spokesmodel of XOXO, Armani Jeans, GUESS?  and Victoria's Secret
* Ranked number 97 on Forbes "Highest Paid Celebirties" List
* She has a pierced navel.
* Whenever she gets signed to a company their sales increase at least 30%.
* She is a Gemini
* After she was spotted carrying a Luca Luca handbag the company sold over 50,000 versions of the bag. It was renamed the "Leah" bag after a name close friends call her.
* Adriana's nickname is 'LimaBean'.
* She is said to be "the easiest person in the world to make laugh."
* She owns a bar in Mexico.
* She is bookish : her favourite author is Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
* She would like to pursue acting or photography.
* Close friends call her Leah.
* She does not like to travel.
* She is very religious and wears a scapular around her neck.
* She is an only child.
* She is trained in Capoeira and Mixed Martial Arts
* She is always listed as one of the top five models in the world.
* She never leaves the house without sunglasses.
* She is known to get shy around people.
* She is the favourite model of famed photographer Ellen von Unwerth who specializes in erotic feminity editorial photography.
* "Modeling is a tough job, your co-workers are your rivals, it really puts a damper on your perspective of other girls."
* "Fashion is about good energy. It's about feelings. That's what I have to give the people, good energy and good feelings."